Monday, September 28, 2009

warning the following blog may be misconstrued if your stupid enough to be that shallow.

Picture this world,

It's a nice sunny day. The sky is blue, the clouds are white and the wind is blowing just enough to keep the sun light on one's skin nice and comfortable. A person is lounging comfortably waiting on an errand to be ran inside. Two strangers to said lounging person, meet on a sidewalk and begin to have a discussion. As the conversation between the two increases the lounging person becomes uncomfortably aware that the two are talking in a very discriminatory terms about another race. A race that said lounging person is apart of. The two continue on saying things 'well if I had been this race I would not have been fired. She wouldn't have cared. This race as a whole is stupid. This race just really just needs to realize what they've done to us race. But not all is bad because we have just gotten an us race new preacher and he agrees that this race shouldn't be allowed to set up meetings because it is racist." The two turn and look at the person lounging in the vehicle with their windows down. They make direct eye contact then continue to say how much lounging person's race is lousy.

What would you do? If you were the person lounging in the sun? Would you speak out against the wrongness that was occurring right before your eyes and ears? Would it matter what color YOU were? Yeah sad but true it WOULD matter what color you were.

Has anybody else ever noticed how if a white person threw their fist in the air and screamed "WHITE POWER!" they get dirty looks and called derogatory names and are automatically branded racist?

Yet if an african american says "BLACK POWER!" It's considered empowering and just?

Wake up. It's not. They are both racists in their actions. You see I'm tired of living in a place where...as I was so bluntly called today 'whitey' isn't allowed to proud because it's racist to be proud to be white. It's bull. It's a double standard. And it really really really REALLY isn't right. I watched two african american GROWN adults sit right by my vehicle and say that 'white folks are idiots' that 'whitey just needs to pay for what THEY did' and that 'white folks are so racist.' The they both turned looked dead at me and began to say things like that again.

Now do not get me wrong. If it had been two 'white folks' taking about african americans that way I would be just as pissed. I do not endorse that sort of talk or action from anybody no mater what their creed is. I do how ever have a few things to say.

I am not an idiot.
I did not to anything to anybody because I wasn't even born yet.
I would never talk about another race in that way ever.

I do not mind being called cracker, whitey, or anything as such so long as it is said jokingly or in a brotherly fashion. I even play around with my african american pals going what's up home boy, or nigga (for they call me this as well) and even have called a white person negro before. I have never used the term nigger for I find it insulting. But, the way these two grown adults talked was not in jest and was not friendly.

And it seriously pissed me off. If the colors had been reversed, socially I would have had every right to cause one hell of an uproar and fit, but because I was white, they expected me to keep quite because if I didn't it would be racist.

For the record I did retaliate. I called a good friend on the phone with every intention of talking to him about how much I hate racist people. I got his answering machine and yelled at him for not picking up (in a joking manner of course). And what did I get for my loud protest of my friend not picking up his phone? Another insult under their breath about how 'white folks' just do not know how to be quite.

The friend called me back and I relayed what had occurred to him. I then began to carry on a non related conversation for several minutes when the two returned once more for a cigarette break. They started in again and I just simply said in a loud tone to my friend over the phone 'Know what I hate? Racist people. I don't care if they are white people black people or martians....I hate them.'

I got a dirty look and called a racist white bitch for it too.

There's a word for that type of thinking....

Bullshit.

Seriously,
the chaos maker
KATIE

E:...now that's more like it.
K: ...*indignant noise*

1 comment:

  1. Just be careful around idiots like that ok? Your the only Katie I have, and I dont want morons to do something to ya in anger : (

    ReplyDelete